Please complete the survey below and only answer the one question that relates to your Grade/Handicap. One Survey per person, please.
The purpose of this survey is to assess whether there should be any changes made to the playing format of the APGC in an effort to speed up play and improve player enjoyment.
The main features of the motion put forward to the last delegates were:-
- “B” and “C” grades compete Stableford ONLY.
- “A” grade players will have an option to play Stroke or Stableford, but not “B” and “C” players.
- All daily events will be Stableford.
- The Team’s event would become a Stableford Points event and the overall Nett events would become Stableford. A grade will retain overall Champion.
- The same number of Championship trophies will be competed for but the categories of some will change.
A Grade players
This survey is designed to identify those who may prefer to play Stableford if they believe they do not have a chance at winning the overall gross.
- It is NOT the intent to do away with Stroke for ”A” Grade players.
- All “A” Grade players will have a choice of Stroke or Stableford and those who elect to play in the Stroke event, will continue to mark Stableford on their score cards and will be included in the Daily and Teams events via Stableford points.
- An “A” grade player CANNOT elect to change to Stableford half way through a round. It must be nominated as part of the online registration.
Those playing Stableford will be able to record a “wipe” rather than finishing the hole with a high score thus remaining competitive in the overall event.
Playing Stableford will hopefully speed up play and therefore overall player enjoyment on the day and for the week.